BackgroundEditGalaxian, which started off as an arcade game, was a spiritual sequel to Space Invaders where hordes of aliens, starting off in a formation overhead, would peal off one by one and attack the player’s Galaxip ship situated at the bottom of the screen.
Galaxa is a clone of Galaxian. It was created and released by Alien Bug in 2013.
The player faces a horde of aliens that appear in a formation above their ship. Aliens start peeling away from the formation and dive-bomb the player; if an alien isn't shot or doesn't collide with the player's ship, then the alien will reappear at the top of the formation again. Being rammed by an alien or getting hit by one of its bombs will result in the player losing a reserve ship and the game will end if all ships are depleted.
Shooting aliens are worth more during an attack run than when sitting in the formation convoy. Once all aliens are destroyed the next, more difficult wave will begin, although the next wave can start when there are one or two aliens left from the current wave.
- Move ship–arrow keys (left/right only)
- Fire–z key
- End game–escape key
- Clicking on the “Donate to charity” tab on the options menu will take the player to the ASPCA web site
- The game audio can be toggled on and off
- The gameplay can be toggled from a full screen or a windowed display
- Game stats of how many shots fired and a hit/miss ratio appear at the end of a game
- There is a high score save which can also be reset
- The game was made for the Charity Game Jam II, which programmer Alien Bug chose the ASPCA as his charity choice for the game.
- The end of game stats screen are just like the ones shown at the end of Galaga’s.