Several differences abound, however, such as there only being three bunkers onscreen (as opposed to the original's four), and if the player starts shooting one, it starts disintegrating starting from the top. The bunkers will also totally disappear when the invaders get low enough. The player's laser base will also be temporarily invincible with each new level or life. The invaders are also a bit cartoonish looking, as one row of invaders is a green monster with its tongue sticking out, looking ill. The U. F. O. now appears to be a dragon and comes out at random intervals; sometimes it will not come out for a while during a wave, at other times one will come out right after the other.
The invaders also may not invade the player/land and end the game: if the player clears out enough columns of invaders and makes a safety zone, not getting hit by any of them, they will keep on marching downwards until they just disappear, leaving the player to do nothing except for shooting the dragon when it flies overhead.
The game was released in 2000.
- Move laser cannon--arrow keys (left/right)
- Fire--Shift key
- Quit or exit game--escape key
- When the dragon is shot, its point value is not revealed, unlike with most Space Invaders games.
- The game was followed by Space Invaders (MK 2) several years later.
- Bug: if the player shoots the dragon when there are no invaders left, its warning sound will continue emitting after the next wave starts.